End Date: January 29, 2021
Starts in: 0 Days
Event Location: Nairobi
Training Fees: USD 1,276.00
See Future Events: Graphic Design,Adobe Illustrator
Communicating does no good if it’s not retained by your audience. Today, it’s easy for information to get lost or ignored if it’s not in a digestible format. Integrating good design can boost how much your audience absorbs and remembers. Studies show our brains not only process visuals faster, but they retain and transmit much more information when it’s delivered visually.
Adobe Illustrator is the industry-standard vector drawing tool. It’s used by print professionals as well as illustrators and web designers. This course explains the key concepts and techniques for producing vector-based artwork. We review the elements that make up vector graphics such as paths, strokes, and fills. Additionally, we show you how to use the key drawing tools, including the Pen Tool.
Who should attend?
- Perfect for anyone looking to start or develop their career in the creative industry.
- Complete beginners will be able to master the software from the very beginning to the most advanced features.
- Self-taught users and existing professionals can use the course to take their skills and knowledge to the next level, refine their workflows and learn to do everything the right way
- Existing and more experienced users of Illustrator may also discover hidden gems and workflows or catch up with all the new features released in CC 2019.
- No previous design skills are needed
- No prior knowledge or experience with Illustrator is required
- Any version of Adobe Illustrator, preferably the CC (Creative Cloud) version.
What you will learn
- User Interface, Tools, and Panels
- Document Setup
- Using Illustrator to Design
- Type Tool and Text Formatting
- Creating and Editing Shapes
- Logo Design
- Branding and Identity Design
- Recoloring Artwork
- Font Creation
Illustrator CC Fundamentals
- What Is Adobe Illustrator?
- Understanding Illustrator CC
- Working in Illustrator
- Core Drawing Principles
- Combining Paths and Shapes
- Creating Artwork
- Working with Type
Illustrator CC Building on the Fundamentals
- Making Selections
- Appearance, Groups, and Layer
- Working With Fills
- Working with Strokes
- Transforming Objects
- Brushes and Symbols
- Working with Bitmaps
- Printing and Saving
Illustarator CC Pen Tool
- Getting Started with the Pen Tool
- Well Constructed Curves
- Decorative Drawing
- From Sketch to Final
Illustrator CC Typography
- Working with Type in Illustrator
- Working with Short Text
- Working with Paragraphs of Text
- Adjusting Type
- Perfecting Typography
- Working with Styles
Illustrator CC Extra Techniques
- Designing Type with Graphic Styles
- Drawing and coloring with Live Paint
- Recolor artwork
- Curvature tool
- Art Brushes
Illustrator CC For Web Designers
- Foundational Concepts
- Optimizing Adobe Illustrator for Web Design
- Creating Graphics for Web and Mobile Apps
- Using Illustrator for Wireframing
- Taking the Next Step: Mocking up Your Website
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprise of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: +254 706909947
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +254 706909947
The course fee is KES 75,000.00 or USD 1,100.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.