End Date: March 12, 2021
Starts in: 0 Days
Event Location: Nairobi
Training Fees: USD 1,276.00
See Future Events: Graphic Design,Corel Draw
Coreldraw is vector-based designing software that is used for creating logos, flexes, brochures, invitation cards and any kind of vector designing based on the lining. Design anywhere. Experience the freedom to work the way you want, on Windows or Mac, and on the Web.
With CorelDRAW you can produce original illustrations, signage, and logos for both print and web. Create your way with an array of professional document styles, page layout and vector tools. Plus, enjoy new, non-destructive editing functionality when applying effects to vector and bitmap objects. Personalize the user interface, tools, templates and more to make them your own.
Who should attend
- You are just starting to become a graphic designer
- You are a complete beginner who has never opened CorelDRAW
- You have played around with CorelDRAW, but need some clarity in becoming a more skilled graphic designer
- No previous design skills are needed.
- No previous CorelDRAW skills are needed.
- Only basic computer knowledge is needed.
What you will learn
- Creating a document to start with
- Creating shapes to be used in your layout
- Combining shapes to create logos and graphical elements
- Using custom color palettes
- Editing text and installing fonts
- Aligning and grouping objects
- Importing and cropping images
- Touring the Interface
- Exploring Drop-down Menus
- Understanding Dockers
- Setting up the page
- Using rulers, grids and guidelines
- Navigating a multi-page document
- Master Layer and page numbering
- Starting with a template
- Understanding file formats
- Using the Pick Tool
- Using the shape edit flyout
- Exploring the Crop tool and curve flyout
- Creating basic shapes
- Live sketch and the stylus
- Node editing enhancements
- Impact tool and dealing with dimension lines
- Using connector lines
- Outlines and the corner control
- Interactive tools
- Block Shadows
Working with Fonts
- Understanding font types
- Installing fonts
- Types of text
- Working with fonts
Working with Objects
- Weld, trim and intersect
- Grouping and ungrouping
- Aligning objects
- Setting the order
Working with Bitmaps
- Importing bitmaps
- Cropping, resizing and rotating bitmaps
- Removing backgrounds from bitmaps
- Discovering color palettes
- Creating a color palette
- Color management
More Text Editing
- Linking paragraph text
- Editing individual characters
- Working with Powerclips
- Text in columns
- Wrapping text with an object
- Discovering the print dialogue
- Working with the print merge
The instructor-led training is delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: +254 706909947
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +254 706909947
The course fee is KES 75,000.00 or USD 1,100.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
Payment for all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.