End Date: March 26, 2021
Starts in: 13 Days
Event Location: Nairobi
Training Fees: USD 1,276.00
See Future Events: HTML5 and CSS3,Web Development,Software Development
Advances in HTML5 and CSS3 are changing the face of web design in exciting new ways, helping to create state-of-the-art functionality and providing an unparalleled user experience. This course will help you to unlock the power of HTML5 and CSS3, and design and develop web pages with ease. Starting from the basics, it will lead you through advanced concepts of front-end web development, in a logical and sequential manner. Regardless of whether you are new to web design or an experienced web designer, this course will help you gain a deep understanding of the tools and functionality of this technology and create visually engaging web pages.
By the end of this course, you will have gained a great new skill which can power real career development. Every aspiring computer programmer and web page designer needs to understand HTML5 and CSS3 in order to have a really complete resume, and this course lays out these core skills in a simple and easy-to-understand manner in just 3 days.
With the right mindset, understanding, and application of the teachings in this course, you will instantly begin to move towards becoming a professional web designer and developer.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for everyone and anyone, especially aspiring web designers, bloggers, programmers to business owners can benefit from learning some HTML5 and CSS3. This course is also for anyone who plans on becoming a web programmer or a web designer themselves. HTML5 and CSS3 are the essential languages you must master, especially in today’s day of coding.
- No coding or design experience necessary
- Any computer will do — Windows, OSX or Linux
- You don’t need to buy any software — we will use the best free web development editor in the world
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Concepts of a markup language
- Real-world skills to build real-world websites: professional, beautiful and truly responsive websites
- Create any website layout you can imagine
- Add tasteful animations and effects with CSS3
- To incorporate metadata and multimedia graphics, audio and video.
- Support any device size with Responsive (mobile-friendly) Design
- You will learn the basic building blocks to becoming a web developer
- How the web works
- Setting up the development environment
- The role of HTML and CSS
- What is HTML?
- The basic structure of an HTML document
- File and Folder Naming Conventions
- Meta Tags & Search Engines
- Html attributes and comments
- Headings, Paragraphs & Typography
- Links, Images & Attributes
- Lists & Tables
- Forms & Input
- Block & Inline Level Elements
- Divs & Spans, Classes & Ids
- HTML5 Graphics and Semantics
- HTML Quiz
- Introduction to CSS?
- CSS Syntax
- How to add CSS (Inline, Internal and External)
- CSS Selectors, Properties & Values
- Fonts and Colors In CSS
- Backgrounds & Borders
- Classes and ID’s
- Box Model, Margin & Padding
- Float & Alignment
- Link State & Button Styling
- Navigation Menu Styling
- Inline, Block & Inline-Block Display
- Positioning (Absolute, Relative and fixed)
- CSS Quiz
Dive into CSS3
- CSS3 background properties
- CSS3 colors and gradients
- CSS3 Shadows
- CSS3 Web fonts
- CSS3 Transitions
- CSS3 Animations
- CSS3 2D Transforms
- CSS3 3D Transforms
- Introduction to flexbox (Basics and alignment)
Code a real website and host it
The instructor-led training is delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in Data Science and programming.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using their own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: +254 706909947
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +254 706909947
The course fee is KES 75,000.00 or USD 1,100.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch, and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
Payment for all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.