End Date: February 24, 2021
Starts in: 25 Days
Event Location: Nairobi
Training Fees: USD 2,552.00
See Future Events: Data Science and Analytics,Data Analysis,Data Visualization,Data Science,Stata
Stata is a complete statistical software package for data management, data analysis, and graphics. It comprises classical and advanced functions including panel data analysis, forecasting, time series analysis, survival analysis, cross-sectional and longitudinal survey methods, structural equation modeling, simulation methods, and tables for almost all researchers and analysts. The software can be used via a graphical user interface (menus and dialog boxes) or a command-line interface using its very intuitive programming language. Stata benefits from a very active user community giving support on a dedicated mailing list (Statalist) and developing new packages to extend the software capabilities.
Who should attend?
This is a general course targeting participant with an elementary knowledge of Statistics from Agriculture, Economics, Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Education, Medical, or public health professionals among others who already have some statistical knowledge, but wish to be conversant with the concepts and applications of statistical modeling. No Prior attendance of a Stata course is required.
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
By the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Understand both descriptive and inferential statistics
- Understand various data collection techniques and data processing methods
- Use mobile phones for data collection(Open Data Kit)
- Use basic functions and navigation within Stata
- Create and manipulate graphs and figures in Stata
- Annotate data, set out command functions, create and execute Do files.
- Use Stata effectively for manipulating and analyzing data.
- Keep records of your work and create reproducible analyses.
- Export the results of your analyses.
Day 1: Introduction to Statistics, Data Collection, Processing, and Stata
- Introduction to Statistics Concepts
Day 2: Data Processing and Management with Stata
- Concepts and Software and technologies for Data Collection and Processing
Day 3: Data Processing and Management with Stata
- Stata Basics
- Data Structures and Types of Variables
- Data Management using Stata
Day 4: Output management and tabulating data with Stata
- Output Management
- Basics of stata programming
- Tabulating data with Stata
Day 5: Basic Stata Graphics
- Basics of graphing
- Graphing quantitative
- Graphing qualitative data
- Advanced graphing
Day 6: Statistical Inference
- Tests of Association
- Tests of Difference
- Hypothesis testing
Day 7: Regression Analysis using Stata
- Linear Regression
- Multiple Regression
- Binary regression
- Logistic Regression
- GLM Model
- The Problems with regression
Day: 8 Advanced analysis of complex survey data
- Introduction to survey data
- Bayesian Analysis of Complex Sample Survey Data
- Generalized Linear Mixed Models (GLMMs) in Survey Data Analysis
- Fitting Structural Equation Models to Complex Sample Survey Data
- Small Area Estimation and Complex Sample Survey Data
- Nonparametric Methods for Complex Sample Survey Data
Day: 9 Panel data analysis
- Introduction to panel data analysis
- Advanced longitudinal/panel data analysis
Day: 10 Time-series Analysis
- Basic elements of time-series analysis
- Managing and summarizing time-series data
- Univariate models
- Introduction to forecasting in Stata
The instructor-led training is delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using their own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mobile Number: +254706909947
The course fee is KES 150,000.00 or USD 2,200.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch, and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through the bank on or before the course starting date.
Payment for the course includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure