End Date: March 25, 2021
Starts in: 20 Days
Event Location: Nairobi
Training Fees: USD 1,021.00
See Future Events: Data Science and Analytics,Data Analysis,Data Visualization,Data Science,Tableau
Data visualization is a graphical representation of information and data. By using visual elements like charts, graphs, and maps, data visualization tools provide an accessible way to see and understand trends, outliers, and patterns in data. In the world of Big Data, data visualization tools and technologies are essential to analyze massive amounts of information and make data-driven decisions. Tableau is one of the best tools out there for creating really powerful and insightful visuals.
Who should attend
This course is designed for the learner who has never used Tableau before, or who may need a refresher or want to explore Tableau in more depth. No prior technical or analytical background is required. The course will guide you through the steps necessary to create your first visualization story from the beginning based on data context, setting the stage for you to advance to the next course in the Specialization.
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Examine, navigate, and learn to use the various features of Tableau
- Assess the quality of the data and perform exploratory analysis
- Create and design visualizations and dashboards for your intended audience
- Combine the data to and follow the best practices to present your story
Fundamentals of visualization
- What is data visualization?
- Exploring the Tableau interface
- Tableau tools
- Preparing and importing data into Tableau Environment
- The relationship between data analytics and data visualization
- Design basic bar charts
- Design line graphs
- Creating maps
- Creating sets
- Simple calculated fields
- Advanced groups/sorting
- Creating custom and quick table calculations
- Creating parameters
- Connecting to multiple data sources
- How to create a Dashboard
- Advanced table calculations
- Calculation Syntax and Level of Details
- Nested Level of Details
- Control Charts
- Bump Charts
The instructor-led training is delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: +254 706909947
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +254 706909947
The course fee is KES 60,000.00 or USD 880.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
Payment for all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.