End Date: March 12, 2021
Starts in: 0 Days
Event Location: Nairobi
Training Fees: USD 928.00
See Future Events: Data Science and Analytics,Data Analysis,Data Visualization,Data Science,Excel
Microsoft Excel Dashboards are reporting mechanisms that can deliver Business Intelligence (BI) in graphical form. Dashboards take raw data; allow it to be analyzed and presented in a form that is of most benefit to the end-user.
The idea of information dashboards is to have the most important information such as KPIs presented within a single page that allows people to understand what is going on and make decisions.
Who should attend
This training course is ideal for individuals working in Monitoring and Evaluation officers, Statistician, Programmes and Project managers, Project officers, Managing Directors, General Managers, Sales &Marketing analysts, Financial Analysts, IT Executives, Engineers, Directors, and Data Warriors who dabble with data and want to learn advanced techniques to convert data into actionable information.
This course is designed for participants who are reasonably proficient in English and have an understanding of basic ICT concepts.
Upon completion of this training course, participants are expected to be able to:
- Differentiate between Reports and dashboards
- Discuss the benefits of an Excel dashboard
- Assemble all data needed for a dashboard
- Identify ground rules for creating effective dashboards
- Show how to enable the Developer tab in Excel
- Understand the Data Model
- Create dynamic charts
- Create Pivot tables
- Create Pivot Charts
- Modify Pivot tables and charts
- Apply conditional formatting to a dashboard
- Identify and apply Excel functions (IF, CHOOSE, and VLOOKUP)
- Design and build a dashboard from raw data to the finished product
Topics to be covered
Understanding Management Dashboards
- What is a Dashboard?
- Principles of Great Dashboard Design
- Dashboard Do’s and Don’t’s
Working with your Data
- Understanding Data Quality issues
- Gathering data from different sources
- Linking Data
- Merging and Consolidating Data
- Excel Hints and Tips when working with data
Using Advanced Formulas & Functions in Excel 2010/2013
- Referencing & Ranges
- Advanced Lookup
- Advanced Formatting
Analyzing Data with Advanced Pivot Table Techniques in Excel 2010
- Computed Columns
- Grouping & Sorting
- Top Views
- Multiple data sources
- Using the dashboards with Excel Pivot Tables
- Pivot Charts & Visual Dashboarding Techniques
- Using external data sources such as The Web
Advanced Power Charting Techniques
- Thermometer Chart
- Doughnut Chart
- Pareto chart
- Using Shapes to make Charts more attractive
- Using Alerts to draw attention to dashboards
Creating Dynamic Dashboards with Excel 2010 / Excel 2013 for Management Reporting
- Complete Management Dashboard for project KPIs
- Complete Management Dashboard for Sales & Services
- Best Practices in Dashboard Design
- Versatile management dashboards
- Dashboards Publishing Excel Dashboards to the Web
- Simple & Complex Macros
- Dynamic Dashboards using Macros
Build Your Own Dashboard
- This last session will be used to build some relevant Dashboards. Delegates are encouraged to bring examples of the dashboarding they would like to create during the training.
The instructor-led training is delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using own datasets and tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: +254 706 909 947
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +254 706 909 947
The course fee is KES 60,000.00 or USD 800.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch, and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through the bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
Payment for all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.