End Date: January 15, 2021
Starts in: -7 Days
Event Location: Nairobi
Training Fees: USD 1,276.00
See Future Events: Data Science and Analytics,Data Analysis,Data Visualization,Data Science,SPSS
SPSS (Statistical Package for Social Scientists) is a comprehensive statistical and data management package for analysts and researchers. Its statistical capabilities alone range from simple percentages to complex analyses of variance, multiple regressions, and general linear models as well as to generate tabulated reports, charts, and plots of distributions and trends. SPSS makes the statistical analysis more accessible for the beginner and more convenient for the experienced user. The Data Editor offers a simple and efficient spreadsheet-like facility for entering data and browsing the working data file. Most tasks can be accomplished simply by pointing and clicking the mouse.
This course is designed for participants who are reasonably proficient in English and have an understanding of basic ICT concepts.
Topics to be covered
Introduction to SPSS
- What is SPSS?
- Opening SPSS
- Layout of SPSS
- Exiting SPSS
- Brief description and history of SPSS
Overview of SPSS
- The Title Bar
- The Menu Bar
- The (Power) Tool Bar
- The Data Editor (Data View and Variable view)
- The Status Bar
- The Logic of Data Files
- Entering Data
- Inserting a Variable
- Inserting a Case
- Merging Files
- Reading Data From Other Sources
- Frequency Distributions
- Stem-and-Leaf Plot
- Bar Graphs
- Line Graphs
- Pie Charts C
- hart Templates
Descriptive Statistics: Measures of Variability and Central Tendency
- Descriptive Statistics
- Compare Means
- Subgroup Correlations
- Scatterplots of Data by Subgroups
- Overlay Scatterplots
Regression and Multiple Regression
- Multiple Regression
Comparing Means Using t-tests
- One Sample t-tests
- Paired sample t-tests
- Independent Samples t-tests
Comparing Means Using One-Way ANOVA
- One-Way Anova
- General Linear Model to Calculate One-Way ANOVAs
Comparing Means Using Factorial ANOVA
- Factorial ANOVA Using GLM Univariate
- Simple Effects
Comparing Means Using Repeated Measures ANOVA
- Using GLM Repeated Measures to Calculate Repeated Measures ANOVAs
- Multiple Comparisons
- The goodness of Fit Chi-Square All Categories Equal
- The goodness of Fit Chi-Square Categories Unequal
- Chi-Square for Contingency Tables
- Mann-Whitney Test
- Wilcoxon’s Matched Pairs Signed-Ranks Test
- Kruskal-Wallis One-Way ANOVA
- Friedman’s Rank Test for k Related Samples
The instructor-led training is delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using their own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Email: [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +254706909947
The course fee is KES 75,000.00 or USD 1,100.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch, and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through the bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
Payment for all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure