End Date: February 3, 2021
Starts in: 11 Days
Event Location: Nairobi
Training Fees: USD 766.00
See Future Events: Mobile Data Collection,Data Visualization,OpenMRS
Open-source Medical Record System (OpenMRS) is a software application that’s used to maintain patient profiles, visits, encounters, diagnoses, drug orders, drug dispensing, drug administration, clinical observations, lab orders, radiology orders, procedure orders, and their results. These are supported by a rich concept dictionary that represents medical terminology. While these will be required in a full-fledged EMR, they can also be scaled down for disease management.
OpenMRS is implemented around the world, in countries including South Africa, Kenya, Rwanda, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Uganda, Tanzania, Haiti, India, China, United States, Pakistan, the Philippines, and many other places. This solution is widely accepted by many organizations including international and government aid groups, NGOs, as well as for-profit and nonprofit organizations.
This OpenMRS training course is meant to give the trainees a hands-on skills approach towards getting acquainted with the OpenMRS software, how it works, and how to leverage its functionalities.
Who should attend?
Healthcare facility administrators and employees, Project Managers, IT personnel, Health Information System Officers, researchers, field workers.
- A computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux).
- No prior knowledge of OpenMRS is required.
- No previous programming experience needed.
What you will learn:
- What OpenMRS is and its capabilities
- How to install and setup OpenMRS
- How to configure OpenMRS to suit your needs
- How to collect and use OpenMRS data
- Maintainance and troubleshooting OpenMRS
- How to exploit the OpenMRS modular structure
- OpenMRS around the World
- A Brief History
- Why OpenMRS?
- Identifying Your Needs
- Transitioning to OpenMRS
- Installation and Initial Setup
- OpenMRS Information Model
- Getting Around the User Interface
- Customizing OpenMRS with Plug-in Modules
- Managing Concepts and Metadata
- Sharing Concepts and Metadata
- Configuring Visits
- The Patient Dashboard In Depth
- Registering Patients
- Data Entry
- HTML Forms
- Using Data
- Cohort Builder
- Patient Alerts and Flags
- User Management and Access Control
- Getting Help from the OpenMRS Community
The instructor-led training is delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using their own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Email: [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +254706909947
The course fee is KES 45,000.00 or USD 660.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through the bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
Payment for the course includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure