End Date: March 26, 2021
Starts in: 13 Days
Event Location: Nairobi
Training Fees: USD 1,276.00
See Future Events: Data Science and Analytics,Data Analysis,Data Visualization,Data Science,R Programming
R is an open-source free programming language for statistical computing, data analysis, and graphics. R is used by a growing number of managers and data analysts inside corporations and academia. R has also found followers among statisticians, engineers, and scientists without computer programming skills who find it easy to use. Its popularity is due to the increasing use of data mining for various goals such as set ad prices, find new drugs more quickly or fine-tune financial models. R has a wide variety of packages for data mining.
This course covers the manipulation of objects in R including reading data, accessing R packages, writing R functions, and making informative graphs. It includes analyzing data using common statistical models. The course teaches how to use the R software both on a command line and in a graphical user interface (GUI).
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Introduction and preliminaries
- Making R more friendly, R and available GUIs
- The R environment
- Related software and documentation
- R and statistics
- Using R interactively
- An introductory session
- Getting help with functions and features
- R commands, case sensitivity, etc.
- Recall and correction of previous commands
- Executing commands from or diverting output to a file
- Data permanency and removing objects
Simple manipulations; numbers and vectors
- Vectors and assignment
- Vector arithmetic
- Generating regular sequences
- Logical vectors
- Missing values
- Character vectors
- Index vectors; selecting and modifying subsets of a data set
- Other types of objects
Objects, their modes, and attributes
- Intrinsic attributes: mode and length
- Changing the length of an object
- Getting and setting attributes
- The class of an object
Ordered and unordered factors
- A specific example
- The function tapply() and ragged arrays
- Ordered factors
Arrays and matrices
- Array indexing. Subsections of an array
- Index matrices
- The array() function
- Mixed vector and array arithmetic. The recycling rule
- The outer product of two arrays
- Generalized transpose of an array
- Matrix facilities
- Matrix multiplication
- Linear equations and inversion
- Eigenvalues and eigenvectors
- Singular value decomposition and determinants
- Least-squares fitting and the QR decomposition
- Forming partitioned matrices, cbind() and rbind()
- The concatenation function, (), with arrays
- Frequency tables from factors
Lists and data frames
- Constructing and modifying lists
- Concatenating lists
- Data frames
- Making data frames
- attach() and detach()
- Working with data frames
- Attaching arbitrary lists
- Managing the search path
Reading data from files
- The read.table()function
- The scan() function
The instructor-led training is delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using their own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mobile Number: +254706909947
The course fee is KES 75,000.00 or USD 1,100.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch, and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through the bank on or before the course starting date.
Payment for the course includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure