End Date: January 20, 2021
Starts in: -7 Days
Event Location: Nairobi
Training Fees: USD 2,552.00
See Future Events: Java,Android/Kotlin,Software Development,SQL,Mobile Application Development
Android is a powerful operating system that runs on a wide variety of platforms including smartphones, tablets, and Internet of things (IoT) devices. Kotlin is a modern programming language that simplifies common programming tasks and empowers Android developers to create native Android applications with less code than using Java. The goal of this path is to take you from having little or no experience with Android and Kotlin to understanding how to effectively create interactive, user-focused app experiences.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who wants to be an app developer
- Anyone who wants to learn to code
- Anyone who has never used Kotlin before
- A Windows PC, Mac or Linux Computer
- ZERO programming knowledge required
What you will learn:
- Kotlin language basics
- Android development tools
- Building your first Android application
- Testing and debugging Android apps
- Data management in Android apps
- App widgets
- Building user interfaces
Understanding Android Application Basics
- Course Overview
- Creating and Running a Kotlin App with Android Studio
- Describing Types with Kotlin
- Understanding Activities and Activity Layout Interaction
- Developing a Multi-screen User Experience
- Using Options Menus and Action Bar Actions
- Understanding Activity Lifecycle
Tools and Testing
- Working with the Core Tools and Features
- Debugging Your App and Resolving Errors
- Understanding Android Build Process, KTX, and Support Libraries
- Implementing Local Unit Tests
- Understanding Automated UI Tests
- Creating More Complete Automated UI Tests
Resources, Styles, and Themes
- Understanding Resource Adaptability
- Creating Drawable Resources
- Specifying Values Resources
- Using Strings and String Localization
- Providing Custom Display Characteristics with Styles
- Customizing App Appearance with Themes
RecyclerView and Navigation Drawer
- Working with RecyclerView and CardView
- Binding Data to RecyclerView
- Understanding Drawer Navigation
- Implementing Drawer Navigation Behavior
- Testing RecyclerView and Drawer Navigation
ViewModel and Lifecycle
- Managing Activity State with ViewModel
- Maintaining Activity State during System-initiated Shutdowns
- Persisting Complex Activity State
- Subscribing to Lifecycle Events
- Determining Lifecycle State
Managing Android App Data with SQLite
- Understanding SQLite and SQLite Database Creation
- Reading Data from SQLite
- Filtering SQL Queries
- Connecting SQLite Data to Views with Adapters
- Performing Lifecycle Aware Data Loading with Loaders
- Doing More with SQLite Queries
- Interacting with SQLite Data
Exposing Data and Information Outside Your Android App
- Creating a Content Provider
- Identifying Content Provider Content
- Interacting with Content Provider Content
- Working with Notifications
The instructor-led training is delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using their own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: +254 706909947
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +254 706909947
The course fee is KES 150,000.00 or USD 2,200.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch, and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
Payment for all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure