Mobile Data Collection refers to the act of collecting data using mobile devices. The devices could be mobile phones or tablets. The advent of mobile data collection tools has worked a great deal in enhancing quality of survey data. RapidPro is one among the many developed mobile data collection tools
RapidPro is a powerful tool that allows you to connect directly with user(s) on their mobile phone over SMS, voice, or social media with the sole purpose of collecting survey information from them (or passing information to them), making it easy to adapt to different contexts and needs.
RapidPro is an open-source software that allows easy building and scaling of mobile-based surveys from anywhere in the world. RapidPro powers the way governments and development partners connect, engage, and collaborate directly with the most important – and often marginalized – voices in the community. It is built in such a way that it allows data collection even from basic feature phones, thus increasing the audience, unlike most mobile data collection tools. This is achieved through SMS data collection.
Who Should Attend
This training course is suitable for anyone who is interested in learning how to:
- Collect survey data via SMS
- Collect survey data via IVR (Interactive Voice Recognition)
- Conduct polls in a wide geographic area
- Send out bulk reminders and notifications
This training is designed for participants who are reasonably proficient in English and have an understanding of basic ICT concepts.
At the end of this training course, participants will learn:
- What is RapidPro
- Significant features of RapidPro
- Importance of RapidPro
- Practical contextual uses of RapidPro
- Intoduction to Mobile Data Collection tools
- Introduction to RapidPro
- Features of RapidPro
- Components of RapidPro
- Advantages of RapidPro
- What you can do with RapidPro
Orgs (Organizations) module
- Org model
- TopUp – adding credit to an Org
- Channel and ChannelLog
- SyncEvent and Alerts
- ContactURN – schemes
- Adding contact fields – ContactField
- Grouping contacts – ContactGroup
Messages (Msgs) Flows and Triggers
- Broadcasting messages
- Linking Contact, ContactURN and Channel – the Msg model
- Grouping messages using the label model
- Saving of flow definitions,
- Management of different flow revisions
- Setting up of triggers and schedules of flows
- Trigger conditions
- Assigning contact groups to campaigns
- Loading boundary data – locations module
- IVR (Interactive Voice Recognition)
- Initiating IVR calls
- Scheduling events – schedules module
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprise of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in Data Science and programming.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: +254 706909947
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +254 706909947
The course fee is KES 75,000.00 or USD 1,100.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
Payment for all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.
- Online, Self-paced, eLearning Training Course in Mobile Data Collection using KoBoToolbox
- Online, Self-paced, eLearning Training Course in Mobile Data Collection using ODK
- Training Course In Mobile Data Collection, Analysis, And Mapping Using ODK
- Training Course In Mobile Data Collection For M&E Using ONA And KoBoToolbox
- Training Course In Mobile Data Collection For M&E Using ODK And KoBoToolbox
- Training Course In ODK-X For Longitudinal Data Collection, Management, And Analysis
- Training Course In Installation Use And Management Of Data Using Open HDS And ODK
- Training Course In Mobile Data Collection Using CSEntry – CSPro
- Training Course In Nutrition Assessment And Survey Using ENA/ EPI INFO
- Training Course In OpenMRS
- Training Course In Survey Data Collection Using REDCap
- Training Course In Mobile Data Collection And Mapping For M&E And Scientists
- What is Mobile Data Collection
- What is Open Data Kit – ODK