This Course Is Suitable For People Working In:
Impact Evaluation, Monitoring, and Evaluation, Academic Research, Market Research, Field Research, Agriculture, Health, Education, WASH, Handicapped, Human rights, Emergencies/disasters, Advocacy, Education, Environment, Small business development, Community development, Rural Development, Women, Youth, Population, Rehabilitation, Culture, Capacity Building, Appropriate technology, Income, generation, Private sector, Refugees/displaced.
This course will focus on building CAPI (Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing) applications for enumeration using Android tablets and smartphones. Participants will learn about ways to adapt survey instruments to smaller screens, ensure data quality through integrated data checks, and control the user interface and program flow using logic programming. Participants will also learn to build tools for survey management, tracking, and data transfer.
The workshop focuses on processing a population census or demographic survey, but participants are encouraged to bring any questionnaire relevant to their job responsibilities. It will be conducted in a hands-on, product-oriented environment. Each participant will have exclusive use of a computer, a tablet, or Smartphone, and will receive the latest version of the CSPro software.
The course is designed for intermediate users of the Census and Survey Processing System (CSPro) who currently use CSPro to implement CAPI or key from paper data processing systems and who desire a deeper understanding of techniques for implementing CAPI applications on Android. This course is not geared towards subject-matter specialists, though some may find it useful if they are heavily involved in CSPro data processing tasks. Ideally, participants will have fully processed at least one census or survey in CSPro and can easily write basic CSPro logic.
Topics To Be Covered
- Designing CAPI applications in CSPro for Android
- Response validation using advanced logic programming
- Controlling the flow of CAPI applications
- Dynamic customization of questions, responses, and forms at runtime
- Capturing and using GPS coordinates
- Launching other Android applications to take pictures, view multimedia, and display maps
- Managing data flow for CAPI surveys
- Tracking enumerator progress and efficiency
- Creating a menu and control systems for enumerators and supervisors
- Synchronization of program and data files between Android devices and Internet servers
- Peer to peer synchronization between Android devices in the field with no Internet connection
- Designing multi-lingual CAPI applications
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The instructor-led training is delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using their own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Email: [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +254706909947
The course fee is KES 75,000.00 or USD 1,100.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch, and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development – T4D account through the bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to outreach[email protected]
Payment for all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure
- Online, Self-paced, eLearning Training Course in Mobile Data Collection using KoBoToolbox
- Online, Self-paced, eLearning Training Course in Mobile Data Collection using ODK
- Training Course In Mobile Data Collection, Analysis, And Mapping Using ODK
- Training Course In Mobile Data Collection For M&E Using ONA And KoBoToolbox
- Training Course In Mobile Data Collection For M&E Using ODK And KoBoToolbox
- Training Course In ODK-X For Longitudinal Data Collection, Management, And Analysis
- Training Course In Installation Use And Management Of Data Using Open HDS And ODK
- Training Course In Nutrition Assessment And Survey Using ENA/ EPI INFO
- Training Course In OpenMRS
- Training Course In RapidPro
- Training Course In Survey Data Collection Using REDCap
- Training Course In Mobile Data Collection And Mapping For M&E And Scientists
- What is Mobile Data Collection
- What is Open Data Kit – ODK